Preparing for Commencement
The families and guests of our graduates are a key part of Commencement ceremonies at the Texas Southern University (TSU). We welcome you to our campus with open arms. To make your visit as smooth as possible, there are various accessibility-related services you can use, transportation advice and maps to help you get to where you need to be. Congratulations on celebrating your graduate. We hope to see you during Commencement.
- Guest should avoid loud cheering and other distractions to allow families of other candidates to hear their name read.
- Guest and Candidates should coordinate a place and time to meet after the ceremony.
- Guest should not block the venue entrances/exits doors.
- Guest are ask to refrain from bringing signs and other large items that may block the view of other guest.
- The use of bullhorns, air horns, and other disruptive devices are prohibit in the arena.
- Guest will not be permit on the arena floor to snap pictures during the ceremony.
- Guest are restricted from entering the arena floor to mingle with the candidates during the ceremony.
- Flowers, balloons and other celebratory items are restricted on the floor during the ceremony.