- Students can purchase Caps and Gowns in the bookstore today through December 14, 2018, Order invitations & Class Rings.
- Bachelors Set*: Custom Gown, Cap & Tassel – $55.98
- Masters Set*: Custom Gown, Cap, Degree Hood, Cap & Tassel – $93.00
- Doctors Set*: Custom Gown, Tam, Degree Hood, Cap & Tassel – $126.98
- TMSL Custom Doctors Rental Sets: Custom Gown, Tam, Degree Hood, Cap & Tassel – $130.00
- Stoles: TSU Stole of gratitude with TSU Seal – $38.80, Greek Stoles – $24.98
- 2018 Tassel: $9.95
- Caps: $9.95
- Invitations & Class Rings are various prices.
- Orders also can be placed on “TSU.BNCOLLEGE.COM“
- Cap and gowns, Invitations can be shipped to your residence.
*These are student keeper sets
Commencement Practice – Friday, December 14, 2018:
- 11:00 A.M. – 11:55 A.M.: Commencement Information Session
- Location: Health & Physical Education Arena
- Graduate and Undergraduate Candidates are required to attend.
- Participants will receive a free one-year membership to the TSU National Alumni Association.
Commencement Reception- Friday, December 14, 2018:
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 P.M.: Commencement Reception
- Location: Student Recreation Center Gymnasium
Commencement Day – Saturday, December 15, 2018:
- Candidates arrival time 7:00 A.M.
- Commencement Ceremony 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
- Graduate & Professional Degrees
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law Degrees
- Doctor of Pharmacy – Pharm D Degrees
- Master’s Degrees
- College of Liberal Arts & Behavioral Sciences Undergraduate Degrees
- Jesse H. Jones School of Business Undergraduate Degrees
- School of Communication Undergraduate Degrees
- College of Education Undergraduate Degrees
- Barbara Jordan-Mickey Leland School of Public Affairs Undergraduate Degrees
- College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences Undergraduate Degrees
- College of Science, Engineering & Technology Undergraduate Degrees
- Candidates are required to wear a black Academic Regalia (Gown) and Black Cap with a Tassel.
- Regalia (Gown) with cap and tassel items are available in the University Bookstore for purchase or rent. The University Bookstore’s Phone Number is (713) 313-7030.
- Invitations and Class Rings can be ordered at: http://www.herffjones.com/college/tsu.
- If the cut-off date to order Cap and Gowns has passed, Candidates will need to prepay for the selected purchase directly in the bookstore.
- Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony without the appropriate academic regalia.
Graduation Honors Distinction:
Honors distinctions are only designated to undergraduate candidates receiving their first bachelor’s degree.
Honors distinction is based on the lower of the two-quality point average from the previous semester before graduation.
Undergraduate candidates graduating with honors will receive one of the following honors distinctions:
- Summa Cum Laude Honors (GPA 3.75 or above)
- Magna Cum Laude Honors (GPA 3.50 to 3.74)
- Cum Laude Honors (GPA 3.25 to 3.49)
Honors notation will be listed by the candidate name in the commencement program booklet and embedded on their diploma and recorded on their academic transcript.
Honors distinctions cords will be distributed at the Commencement reception.
Candidates affiliated with honor societies and registered campus organizations may wear stoles, cords,and medallions that represent their affiliations.
- All questions regarding graduation status should be addressed with the candidate’s Academic Advisor or Department Chairperson.
- For questions regarding commencement practice or commencement information, please call (713) 313-7458.