Graduation Fair – October 30 & 31:
- Time: 10:00AM to 2:30PM
- Students can purchase Caps and Gowns, Order invitations & Class Rings.
- Bachelors Set: Custom Gown, Cap & Tassel – $55.98
- Masters Set: Custom Gown, Cap, Degree Hood, Cap & Tassel – $93.00
- Doctors Set: Custom Gown, Tam, Degree Hood, Cap & Tassel – $126.98
- Orders also can be placed on “TSU.BNCOLLEGE.COM“, once the site is set up.
*These are student keeper sets*
Rehearsal – Thursday, December 14, 2017:
- 12:00PM – 1:00PM OR 5:00PM – 6:00PM: Graduation Rehearsal
- Commencement Rehearsal Location: Health & Physical Education Arena
- Prospective Candidates are required to attend at least one rehearsal.
- A Reception will be held after each rehearsal for participating Candidates
- Rehearsal participants will receive a one-year membership to TSU National Alumni Association
Commencement Day – Saturday, December 16, 2017:
- 7:00AM: The doors of the H&PE Arena will be open
- 7:00AM: Graduates are required to be in place at the Fairchild Building (located in front of the Recreation Center Building)
- 8:00AM – 8.30AM: President Lane will take a group photo with the graduates. Graduates will be led by their respective marshals to line up on the Tiger Walk for the photo
- 9:00AM: The Line of march begins
- 9.30AM: Commencement Program begins
- Candidates are required to wear a black Academic Regalia (Gown) and Black Cap with a Tassel.
- Regalia (Gown) with cap and tassel items are available in the University Bookstore for purchase or rent. The University Bookstore’s Phone Number is (713) 313-7030.
- Invitations and Class Rings can be ordered at: http://www.herffjones.com/college/tsu.
- If the cut-off date to order Cap and Gowns has passed, Candidates will need to prepay for the selected purchase directly in the bookstore.
- Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony without the appropriate academic regalia.
Graduation Honors Distinction:
Honors distinctions are only designated to undergraduate candidates receiving their first bachelor’s degree.
Honors distinction is based on the lower of the two-quality point average from the previous semester before graduation.
Undergraduate candidates graduating with honors will receive one of the following honors distinctions:
- Summa Cum Laude Honors (GPA 3.75 or above)
- Magna Cum Laude Honors (GPA 3.50 to 3.74)
- Cum Laude Honors (GPA 3.25 to 3.49)
Honors notation will be listed by the candidate name in the commencement program booklet and embedded on their diploma and recorded on their academic transcript.
Honor Cords for those honors distinctions will be distribute at commencement practice.
Candidates affiliated with honor societies and registered campus organizations may wear stoles, cords,and medallions that represent their affiliations.
- All questions regarding graduation status should be addressed with the candidate’s Academic Advisor or Department Chairperson.
- For questions regarding commencement practice or commencement information, please call (713) 313-7458.